Sunday, January 11, 2009

I have a skill....

In my online classes, I have to take part in a discussion group for each class. In the first week my instructor gives us a certain amount of questions about ourselves, we go and answer them, and then discuss out lives with our fellow online students. (I personally would rather not take part in this discussion but because it is required I do.) One of the questions that I was ask was: What is a special skill that you posses or use? I was like, ha, me? skill? I can't draw, I'm not much good in music, so... What skill do I posses? I was kinda stumped! But in my quest for just conquering the problem and writing an answer to get it done, I came up with a skill that I have: I am good with "old people"! Which I am, it's not a lie, it's not even bending the truth, but to me it didn't seem to really be a skill. I wrote my post about my "skill" in discussion group and then waited for my fellow classmates to comment on my post. I just checked it, and I got all kinds of replies to my post confirming that I do indeed have a skill!!! I was kinda amazed, I mean, I know that it's difficult for people to take care of the elderly, but to me it doesn't seem that big of a deal. So people out there in the world, I do indeed have a skill, I just figured out that it's a great skill, a skill that some people do not posses. Ahhhh, how lovely and reassuring, God knew what he was doing when he gave me my skills!!!

1 comment:

  1. Of course it's a great skill!!! well, I don't have it, so you have an advantage on me, and perhaps I know who to hire when I get old...
    Besides you have many other skills! you are just to use to use them that you don't even notice them anymore!
    You are an awesome friend, to just give you an example!
    Jorge

    ReplyDelete